The Illinois Railway Museum is pleased to announce that it will be holding the Bunny Trolley Hop again in 2023. There will be many activities for younger visitors and our regular displays will be open for the first time this year
This event will run on three days: Saturday, April 1st, Sunday, April 2nd, and Saturday, April 8th. Gates open at 9:15 AM and close at 5:00 PM.
As always, young visitors will be able to meet and be photographed with the Easter Bunny in his carrot coach and there will be lots of other attractions to enjoy. This year, Bunny and the other attractions will all be located on the museum campus, with a frequent service of streetcars providing rides between the carrot coach and the following attractions:
- See live animals at the small animal zoo (Bigger and better since 2022).
- Join the Easter egg hunt. Hopefully, the weather this year will allow the hunt to be outside, but we will move into one of our historic display buildings in case of inclement weather.
- Whilst riding the streetcar, help the Bunny to find his missing treasure.
- Enjoy the bouncy castle as well as our regular playground activities.
- Coloring activities will be available in our diner annex.
- A food truck will be onsite to provide refreshments.
- Don’t miss our large model railroad displays (under the Hobby Shop sign).
For those who would like a longer ride, electric main line trains will operate from the depot. The display barns, housing IRM’s large collection of historical railroad equipment will also be open to enjoy at your leisure.
Tickets are available for purchase on the Museum website at $18 each and are required for those aged two and over. On these days the Museum is open only for holders of event tickets. Everyone, including museum members, will need a ticket for admission to the event.
To minimize wait time and congestion in the carrot coach, a limited number of tickets will be available for each 30-minute time slot between 10:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The time on your ticket is the time when you should visit the Bunny in his carrot coach at the depot. You should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before this to allow time to get to the depot.
The time on your ticket does not restrict when you may enter the museum. Subject to the site opening times, you are welcome to visit the other attractions before or after your visit with the Bunny.
On these days the Museum is open only for holders of event tickets.